You can’t add Venmo to Apple Pay with any direct method. But if you hold a common bank account or a debit card that is linked with both Venmo and Apple Pay, you can make it.
First, you have to transfer the money from your bank account to Venmo. Then withdraw it via debit card. However, sending money to Apple Pay from Venmo is a complete process.
Can Apple Pay Send Money to Venmo?
A large number of people use both Apple Pay and Venmo together on their phones. Now the question is: can Apple Pay send money to Venmo directly?
Bad news! No! Apple does not allow its users to send money to Venmo with any direct method. However, you will be able to get the help of a few tricks and hacks and transfer money to Venmo from the Apple Pay application. Let’s check them out.
- The common trick used by most users is to hold a common bank account that is linked with both Venmo and Apple Pay. If you have one, then you will be able to send an amount to the Venmo account from your bank account. You will be able to transfer an amount of $2500 to Venmo from the bank account each week, and not more than that.
- If the first option does not work for you, here is the second option. Here, you need to have a bank account that is associated with both Venmo and Apple Pay. Besides, you have to have a debit card that is connected to your Venmo account. Now, you can send an amount of money to the Venmo account from your bank account.
After that, you will be able to withdraw the amount through your debit card. Or, you can just send or transfer the amount to the debit card linked with Venmo.
Can Venmo Send Money to Apple Pay?
It is clear that you can’t transfer money from Apple Pay to Venmo. But you might be confused if you can send money to Apple Pay from your Venmo account. Or in other words, you might ask: can Venmo send money to Apple Pay?
So, just like Apple Pay, Venmo does not let its users send money to Apple Pay with direct integration. On the other hand, you will not be allowed to link your Venmo debit card to your Apple Pay account.
So, what is the way to achieve this goal? Well, actually, you can send money to Apple Pay from your Venmo account. But this method is way more intricate than you think. This process does not include sending money to just your bank account.
The moment you transfer an amount from Venmo to your Apple Pay account, the money is sent to the PayPal account that you have. Only after that, you will be able to use the amount from your PayPal account for transferring money or purchasing items online through the Apple pay application. Quite complicated, isn’t it?
What’s The Difference Between Apple Pay And Venmo?
Being two popular payment applications, both Venmo and Apple Pay provide their users with all sorts of advantages to make easy, quick, convenient, and safe payments online. But these two well-known platforms are not the same.
So, what’s the difference between Apple Pay and Venmo? Actually, these two popular applications have some basic differences that make them unique from each other. Let’s check out below.
- The basic difference is in their availabilities. You can use Apple Pay only on the devices that are iOS operated. On the other hand, you will be able to use Venmo on devices that are both iOS and Android operated. So, yes, Venmo can reach more people than Apple Pay.
- You will be able to use Venmo along with a linked bank account, a linked debit card, and a Venmo balance. On the other hand, Apple Pay allows its users to use a bank account and an Apple Pay Cash balance.
- You can connect Apple Pay Cash with iMessage. You will be able to transfer any amount via iMessage along with conversations. However, Venmo does not hold this kind of advantage.
- You will be able to have multiple easy options for transferring money on Apple Pay Cash. On Apple Pay Cash, you can use a bank account or Apple Cash balance, while on Venmo, you have to spend more time and effort to pay from your mobile. This is actually a limitation of Venmo.
How Can I Transfer Money from Venmo to Apple Pay?
You need to own an iPhone and both Venmo and Apple Pay installed on it. Otherwise, you will not be able to transfer money from Venmo to Apple Pay. Also, you have to link your debit card to your Apple Pay Cash application. After that, you need to avail the Instant Transfer Feature.
You may link the same debit card to the application of Apple Pay to make the money transfer method quicker. Follow the steps below.
- At first, you need to open your iPhone and go to the Venmo app.
- At the top, you will find the Menu button. Tap on it.
- Go to the Settings options and find out the Payment Methods options. Once found, tap on it.
- Next, you have to link the bank account or the debit card to Venmo.
- Once you are done, click on the debit card.
- Type the details of the card such as your name, debit card number, pin, etc. manually.
- When the card is linked, make a transfer of 1 dollar by using the feature of the Instant Transfer to see if this is working or not.
1. How Can I Add Venmo Card to Apple Pay?
Unfortunately, the Apple Pay application never lets its users add or link the Venmo debit card to the app. It is their policy for the safety purposes of the users.
But Apple Pay does let people link their bank account or their debit cards along with the feature of Instant Transfer. Users will not be able to use the Instant Transfer feature of Venmo to transfer the amount to Apple Pay from the Venmo balance directly.
2. Is Apple Pay Safer more than Venmo?
Both Apple Pay and the Venmo app are secure and safe. However, many people consider the Venmo app safer and more secure than Apple Pay Cash, for at least in a few aspects. You can’t transfer money from Venmo if you do not enter your debit card details on it.
Thus, it becomes quite complicated for strangers, or more precisely hackers to access the Venmo account that you have. Besides, you will get a push message from Venmo whenever you are transferring money from this app. Thus, you will be able to track your transactions easily.
3. Is Apple Pay Faster Than Venmo?
Obviously, Apple Pay is faster than Venmo. You will be able to have multiple easy options for transferring money on Apple Pay Cash. On Apple Pay Cash, you can use a bank account or Apple Cash balance, while on Venmo, you have to spend more time and effort to pay from your mobile. This is actually a limitation of Venmo.
4. Can I Add Venmo Card to Apple Pay?
No, you can’t. Apple Pay never allows adding a Venmo card on their application. You can’t use the Instant Transfer feature of Venmo to transfer the amount to Apple Pay from the Venmo balance directly