Several users have reported their Xbox console stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11. In some cases, the problem only arises when the console is used with Steam Buyer. Problems with wired and wireless/Bluetooth controllers have been reported. For some users, the How To Fix Windows 11 Xbox Controller Driver Error.
Other consoles have also reported problems (such as double shock). Sometimes the Xbox console flashes and doesn’t hide anything. For some users, the console worked well on their Windows 10 devices.
The Xbox console may suddenly stop working on a Windows 11 computer for the following reasons:
- Outdated or damaged Xbox hardware app: Xbox console on Windows system requires proper operation of Xbox hardware app, and if the application is out of date or corrupted, it can cause Xbox console to work.
- Outdated or incompatible console drivers: If the Xbox console driver is out of date or inconsistent with the operating system, it can cause Xbox controller problems.
- Corrupted Chip Set Drivers: Chipset drivers are responsible for the proper communication between the motherboard and the operating system. If these drivers go wrong, it can cause an Xbox console problem.
- Outdated or decentralized console firmware: If the Xbox console firmware is outdated or incompatible with the computer, it can cause Xbox console problems with Windows 11.
To solve various computer problems, we offer Restore Computer Repair Tools:
This software will fix common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your computer for optimum performance. Solve computer problems and get rid of viruses now in 3 easy steps:
- Download Restore Computer Repair Tool with Patented Technology (Patents Available Here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows problems that are causing problems on your computer.
- Click Repair to resolve issues that affect your computer’s security and performance.
Which Xbox Console Computers Work With?
It’s possible to use an Xbox One controller to play games on your computer if you choose the mouse over the keyboard and the gamepad when playing games on your computer. The configuration process is pretty easy since the Xbox One console supports Windows 11 locally (except for Windows 10).
On the other hand, the technology you use to connect your Xbox One console to your computer may vary slightly depending on the gamepad you have and the method you choose to connect it. If you’re not thinking about wired connectivity, the easiest way to get started is to use a USB cable to connect any Xbox One console to your computer. Microsoft Xbox One S and Elite gamepads can also be used this way.
A micro USB port is included with every Xbox One console. For this reason, you can connect it directly to a computer over micro USB using a USB Type-A adapter (sold separately). And since Windows can automatically detect a connected Xbox One console, there’s not much you can do.
What If Windows 11 Doesn’t Have To Recognize My Controller?
Open The Console And Reconnect.
You can restart your Xbox console, perform a complete power cycle, or physically disconnect it from your computer to completely restart it and fix many common problems.
I tried disassembling and replacing the console several times on the computer. This straightforward strategy should always be the first method you try, as it consistently brings positive results.
Usb Driver Update
- Left-click on the Start icon and select Device Manager.
- Now expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers folder, right-click on each USB option and click Update Driver Software.
- Wait for the process to finish, then restart your computer for the changes to effect. You can now try to use the Xbox console again.
- If you need to update USB drivers automatically and save a lot of time with DriverFix, the process will be completed in minutes, and you’ll enjoy the latest version of each driver.
Reinstall The Xbox Controller Driver.
- Left-click on the Start icon and select Device Manager.
- Now expand the Xbox One console section, right-click on it and click on Uninstall device.
- After the process is complete, restart your computer. When your computer restarts, Windows will automatically reinstall the driver.
Disable Your Antivirus.
Click on the spread arrow from the taskbar, left-click on the antivirus icon, choose Avast Shields Control, and disable it for 10 minutes. If you have other antivirus software installed, you can temporarily disable the application by following the same or similar steps above.
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app, then click Windows Update in the left panel.
- If a new update needs to be downloaded, the installation option should be used now. Otherwise, the Check for Updates button must be used to determine whether a new update has been released.
- Updating your operating system may be possible to resolve this issue, which an older version of Windows may cause. The bug will be fixed in the latest version of the program.
USB Cable Replacement
Expert Advice: Some computer problems can be difficult to deal with, especially regarding corrupt files or lost Windows files. If you’re having trouble resolving an error, your system may be partially shut down. We recommend installing Restore, a tool that will scan your device and detect errors. Click here to start downloading and editing.
If you see a notification that the USB device isn’t recognized when you try to use your Xbox console, there’s likely a problem with your cable. According to consumers, there are different types of USB cables, some cables for charging and others designed to allow both charging and data transfer.
If your Xbox console is not working correctly or is not recognized, try replacing the USB card to see if this solves the problem.
How do I fix the Xbox controller driver error in Windows 11?
Although we discussed the most relevant and effective fixes in the previous section, the Xbox console driver error in Windows 11 is likely behind this problem.
And for difficulties like this, the two best ways to resolve it are to update the driver if you’re using an older version or manually install the driver, both of which are guaranteed to solve the problem.
If both don’t work, you can always try disassembling and reconnecting the console. Often, Windows 11 will not be able to automatically install the Xbox console driver, which can lead to malfunctions. But the reunion will probably solve it.
So now, if you have an Xbox controller driver error in Windows 11, or you don’t know it, you know how to get rid of both and enjoy playing games on your Xbox.
How Xbox Game Pass work?
Xbox Games Pass gives you access to over 300 games that you can download and play on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S for a monthly fee.
All Windows 11 users have easy access to Xbox Play Pass, Microsoft’s most important new gaming platform ever. Several other customer services have tried to position themselves as Netflix for video games, but this app is the main article.
It starts at $10 per month and gives you access to an ever-changing selection of premium computer titles. Game Passes are also available on the console for a subscription fee of 15 months.
Like all significant Microsoft games, from Gears 5 to Hello Infinite, the library includes third-party titles like Dragon Ball Fighter Z and The Forgotten City. The games are only available for a limited time, so take advantage of them.
If you purchase Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you can access Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass for PC, EA Play, and Xbox Cloud Gaming (formerly Project xCloud) for the same price as the original Xbox Game Pass. Feather
For more information on this great feature of Windows 11, check out our post on the best B features, games, and offers are available on the Xbox Game Pass. For more information and possible solutions that also apply to Windows 11, check out our article on how to fix unknown bugs in Xbox One console in Windows 10.
Alternatively, please look at our guide on why Windows 11 doesn’t detect USB devices to find different solutions that you can use to solve your Xbox problem.
1. Why does my Xbox controller keep saying driver error?
If the Xbox One controller driver is missing or broken, the controller may not work correctly on your computer. So you can try to update the controller driver. There are two ways to update the driver, and this method updates the driver manually through Device Manager.
2. Why can’t I connect my Xbox controller to my PC Windows 11?
You can restart your Xbox console, perform a complete power cycle, or physically disconnect it from your computer to completely restart it and fix many common problems. You tried disassembling and replacing, How To Fix Windows 11 Xbox Controller Driver Error.
3. Does the Xbox controller work with Windows 11?
In Windows 11, go to Settings > Bluetooth & Devices. Select Add Tools > All More. Select Xbox Wireless Controller or Xbox Elite Wireless Controller. When connected, the Xbox button on the console will remain clear.
4. Why does it say driver error for my controller?
The main reasons why your computer console may not be found are “cable connector open or broken”, “your computer does not recognize the controller when connected to a USB port”, “your computer does not recognize the controller but it shows a warning on the device”.