A lot of people want to set VLC as default because they consider VLC as the best media player. The versatility of the media player is unmatched and can almost play in any video format.
It has better sound amplifiers than any other media player in the world and even though it has its kickass features it is not always set to default. Therefore, a lot of people have been asking “how to make a VLC default player?”.
Once the application is installed the user has an option to set this as their preference but they can revert easily. The Windows media player can do so by prompting in the setting and setting it to default every time it is opened.
This article aims to help its readers to understand to make VLC media player default in Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and any other platform.
How To Change The Default Media Player Windows 10?
To change the default media player to VLC in Windows follow the steps mentioned below-
- Open VLC
- Go to the tools which are situated on the top panel.
- Select preferences from the drop-down menu.
- The interface tab will open up by default and then choose set up associations.
- Click on “Select All’ or tick the boxes of the files that you want to run with VLC.
- Tap on Save once you are done.
Following these steps will help to make the necessary changes and set VLC to default.
How To Make A VLC Default Player In Mac?
To set VLC as the default mac you do not have to open VLC and can just do it by accessing any random media file. To do so the procedure is mentioned below-
- Right-click on any type of video format like Mkv file.
- Tap to get information about the file.
- Move the mouse down to Open with and select VLC.app from the drop-down menu.
- Tap and change all to ensure the settings which are necessary to all the file types.
How To Make Vlc Ddefault Player Android?
For an android change VLC Default Player, one needs to download and install VLC on your computer and the simplest way is to set it up during installation. Allow the software to associate different media types with VLC while installing.
To make VLC default on android or iOS you have to follow the same steps. If you have an android or iPhone and need to download VLC from the respective store and follow the steps mentioned below-
- Open VLC.
- Go to the applications and click on the three right dots.
- Go to default apps.
- Tap on the default app selection and select the “Ask before setting default apps”.
- Open VLC and then follow the steps again to make it a default player.
How To Make VLC Default Player In Ubuntu?
To make VLC the default player in Ubuntu-
- Right-click on the file and choose its properties.
- Open it with VLC and set it to default.
If this doesn’t work then follow the steps mentioned below-
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and select the option of About the computer.
- From the options given, set VLC as the default media player.
How To Make VLC Default Player In Windows XP?
To change the default settings to VLC in Windows XP, follow the same steps as mentioned for Windows 7/8 or 10. These steps are mentioned below.
- Select the file that you want to play with VLC.
- Right-click on the file and choose properties.
- Click on change from the Open with and click on the media player button and then click on OK.
How To Make A VLC Default Player On Firestick?
The steps that you have to go through to install the VLC media player on firestick are-
- Open Firestick Home and navigate to the search option which is available on the top menu.
- Type ‘VLC’ and click on the first result that appears.
- Click on the VLC for a Fire TV app and then click on the Download or Get button.
- Once it is completely installed click on Open.
- The process is complete and feel free to play any media file with VLC.
How Do I Get VLC To Automatcally Play Videos?
- Launch VLC and click on the playlist button.
- Right-click on the playlist windows and then select to add a file from the fly-out menu.
- Search for the video in the file browser and select and click to open an item.
- Drag and drop the items in the Playlist window into the desired sequence.
- Click on the Play button to stream the playlist.
- These videos will serve in a pre-programmed order.
- Click the “Random” button and resume playing the videos in the order.
- Click on the forward button to skip ahead to the next item on the list and on the back button to skip back to the previous item.
- To play the videos continuously click on the loop button.
- Go to the media program menu and select a storage location for the file. Click on Save and it will be stored.
Frequantly Asked Quetions
1. How Do I Set VLC As My Default Player?
One of the easiest ways to do so is during the installation of the application wherein the user can change the settings and set VLC to default.
2. How Do I Set VLC As My Default Player On Android?
The steps to set VLC as the default player on android, you can follow the steps mentioned above in the article.
3. How Do I Change My Default Video player?
The procedure to change the default video player to VLC and play videos on it continuously in different formats is mentioned in the article.
Since VLC is a multimedia media player a lot of its users have been asking questions like“How To Make A VLC Default Player”. All of these questions have been discussed in the article above.