Are you a fan of digital games? Well, then you must be addicted to using the Xbox controller! However, Xbox controllers can really disrupt the whole gaming mood due to their sudden disconnecting and you may keep on wondering why does my xbox controller keeps disconnecting?
With modern-day wireless devices, disconnecting issues ought to arise.
As complex and technical as this sounds, the methods to fix this issue are really easy to perform and you resolve the glitch in a matter of seconds.
So, let’s dive in to see how you can get your Xbox controller to work fine once again!
Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting Windows 10: Reasons
Nowadays, Xbox controllers have taken over the place of a normal mouse and keyboard to provide a splendid gaming experience as they are pretty easy to connect with your windows 10 device.
However, they do have an occasional problem of repeatedly getting disconnected from your device. The causes for this mishap vary a lot!
Here are some of the reasons why the Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting:
- Having corrupted GPU drivers can be a possible reason. With these drivers being broken or not updated for a long time, your windows 10 pc might not become updated with all the drivers required to function correctly with the Xbox.
- Outdated controller firmware can cause disconnection issues.
- Not installing all the required Xbox accessories to your device is also why your Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting as then some functions aren’t identified which causes the controller to turn off.
- Technical glitches at The Device association service’s end often create a network error that fails to recognize the console and the Xbox gets disconnected.
- Issues in batteries like being damaged or expired can do the thing.
- Hidden adapters or Bluetooth pairers can make it difficult for the controller to get recognized to pair along with your device.
Now that you know the causes, it’s time to see some of the best troubleshooting methods to kick off all the connectivity issues with your Xbox controller!
Fixes For When Xbox One Controller Keeps Disconnecting Pc
Owing to the new updates introduced by Microsoft and Windows 10, tons of improved methods for the Xbox controllers to fix all the bugs have come our way!
Hence, here are some famous tips to make your Xbox controller free from constant disconnecting!
1. Power Cycle Your Console
Power cycling your Xbox console involves a device turning on and off through various different modes.
This process also doesn’t take away any of your games or data which makes it the most preferable! So, let’s see how to power cycle the Xbox controller:
2. Physical Power Cycling
Physically power cycling your Xbox console can improve the connectivity functions if you have witnessed it for the first or second time. Here’s how to do it:
- Long press the front main button until it turns off. If you’re wondering how long until an Xbox controller turns off, it will only take 10 seconds.
- Wait for 15 to 20 seconds to make the console rest.
- Now, turn it back on by pressing the main button.
After performing these steps, if you see the green boot-up animation light, consider yourself successful! But if not, keep on repeating it and turn it off for a long time this time.
3. Disconnecting Power Cable
If you have attached your Xbox controller through a power cable, you will need to reset it following these steps:
- Turn off the xbox console completely.
- Detach the connected power cable and wait for at least 15 seconds for the power supply to reset.
- Now, plug the console cable back in and turn the xbox on.
4. Restarting Through Power Centre
When it’s not the first time and it has happened to you a lot, turning the console off through the very core will work for you.
- Press the Xbox button and tap on the power center menu.
- Among the menu, choose Restart Console and the console will start to restart.
Perform this shutdown at max three times if you want the problem to vanish for a good time by using the guide.
- If you want to do the whole power cycle process through the guide, here’s how to do it:
- Press the right side Xbox button on your console.
- After that use your controller to navigate through the guideline that appears.
- Once you reach the guide, select the Profile & System option.
- Under that, select settings to go to the general tab and choose Power & Startup.
- Simply select restart now.
After the console restarts, you would be free of the issue! If power cycling doesn’t work, there are other replacements too!
5. Update Your Controller Firmware
The Xbox One gaming console allows users to update their controllers and the firmware receives all kinds of these updates from Microsoft.
Updating helps in enhancing the adapter of the console, which makes it tough for the controller to disconnect! Here are the steps you need to follow for updating the firmware when you use a pc!
- Turn on your Windows 10 PC and open the Xbox Accessories app.
- If you do not have it, install it from the Microsoft Store.
- Connect the controller to your device.
- The moment it is connected, you will see a pop-up message of ‘update required’. Click ok to this.
If you want to update the controller in a wireless manner, here’s what to do:
- Turn on your Xbox controller and open the system settings.
- Go to “Devices & streaming” and select “accessories”
- Tap on the controller you want to update.
- Click on “Device info” and select the “Firmware version” box.
- Now, just press “update now” and the updating will commence automatically.
Timely update the firmware and you won’t ever face a single glitch!
6. Re-Pair The Controller
Many times, the Xbox controller keeps disconnecting from pc Bluetooth because of the connectivity issues that hinder interaction between the device and the console’s adapter.
All you need to do is to establish this connection by repairing them. Here’s how you can reconnect your Windows PC with your Xbox controller:
- Go to system settings and select “Bluetooth and Devices”.
- Remove your Xbox Controller from the paired device list.
- Once it’s removed, the guide button will start to blink which is the cue to press the Pairing button on the controller.
- On PC, click ‘Add a Bluetooth device, and select the controller.
- Click to add and pair.
After this, there will be a successful connection between your controller and the PC!
7. Check The Battery
If you see your controller flashing a lot and think why does my xbox controller keep blinking, it’s probably either not being connected or insufficient battery which after a few minutes disconnects your controller.
Hence, it’s advisable to refill the batteries as soon as the warning sign pops up! However, the problem arises when despite the full charge, the controller still gets disconnected.
The battery indicator of the controller is at the highest range but still not working smoothly can make anyone skeptical.
So, what can be the possible way to fix the query of why does my xbox controller keeps disconnecting with the full battery?
Steps To Perform If Xbox controller keeps disconnecting with full battery
- This issue results due to loose connections when the battery moves inside the controller. You can fix it using a fuzzy side of some sticker Velcro on the inside of the battery panel to keep the batteries more secure.
- Replace the battery set from the charge kit to disposable batteries as it works for most of people.
- Turn off the device as it might be a temporary software error and operate it after some time.
If nothing works, it must be some inside error in the controller and you then need to try using any other controller. Henceforth, now you won’t worry next time you face the issue of Xbox getting disconnected from pc through these ready solutions!
Xbox is a cherished and prized possession for those who’re into gaming and makes the experience much more exciting! However, things can get annoying when it keeps on disconnecting. The primary reasons that result in this issue are outdated GPU drivers or firmware.
However, it’s a very easy prick to fix. Some of the pro tips to lessen the chances of constant disconnecting are power cycling your Xbox controller, checking batteries, re-pairing with devices, or updating the controller firmware.
Hope this article helps fulfill your purpose.
Read More:-When Discord Not Working With Rainbow Six Siege?